Friday, May 28, 2010

I am back with another Chapter

Chapter 12
“So have you talked to Elizabeth about this?” I looked over my shoulder and Zachary was standing there. “Well um no, no I haven’t.” “Are you two fighting again?” “She started it.” “Veronica, Elizabeth is your best friend and she is the only one you can really talk to.” “Fine I will talk to Elizabeth.” I turned and walked out of the room. Looked down the hallway to the last door to the right and walked over and opened it. There was a winding staircase going down into darkness. Oh boy, see how well this goes. I walked down the stairs and came to another door with a padlock on it. I unlocked the lock and opened the door.
Well look who it is. Well if it isn’t Veronica. I looked across the dim room and saw to glowing red eyes. “Hey Elizabeth.” So have you come to apologize? “Hey I have nothing to apologize for you’re the one who over reacted about me not coming down here that one day.” Me over react! Just then Elizabeth came forward from the darkness and I had forgotten how huge she had gotten. Her head just barely missed the ceiling that we had lifted for her size. You didn’t come down here for a week! I was about to starve. “Yes I know and for that I apologize for but not for that other thing you won’t let go.” Fine. Now why are you here? “Well I am kind of in trouble.” What else is new? So what is it this time? “Well there is this guy and he knows about me and about my family. He wants me to turn him.” What! Her eyes glowed brighter and she was holding back fire. Only once has she ever breathed fire and then we had to move. She was a dragon after all, even a world of vampires dragons are rare. She was the last of her kind, that of the fire dragons of the north. Are you nuts? How could you let this happen? First he finds out about you and how long will it be before he finds out about me? We can’t have the Tre Old find out about me. “Yes, I know very well what they could do to you and to our family.” So what are you gonna do? “Well I can’t turn him, no one can. I just go along with it for the time being until I think of some thing.” Well you better think of something quick. And what are you going to do about your mother? “I am not sure I am hoping to figure it out before she wakes up.” Well good luck with that. “Yeah I will need that.”
I suddenly heard music coming from upstairs. Who would be playing at this time of day? “I got to go I will talk to you more when I get home tonight.” Ok I will see you then. I went up the stairs and into the dinning room and saw Angel playing the piano with mother and father standing around her. What are they doing up so early? I looked over at mother and as soon as I did her head went up and stared at me.
“So where have you been young lady?” “No where, I was just walking around town.” “Oh really, then why are you looking so worried? You know you can’t hide things from me,” Dang it she is right, I forgot that about her. “so where have you been?” “I was at someone’s house.” “Who’s?” “The Smiths.” “The Smiths? I thought you hated that girl?” “Well hate is a strong word, but I am more interested in her brother William.” “Veronica you know the law you can’t be with a human!” “Yes but I am only interested in his blood mother.” “Really? My little girl, she is finally interested in human blood?” “You could say that.” “So when will you suck his blood?” “After graduation.” “Why wait until then?” “I figured I should string him along until then so it will be worth it.” “I see, starve your craving so when the time comes you will enjoy it more. Oh you really do take after me in that way.” “Ha yeah, so I am gonna go get the door, because he is almost at the door.” “Right, right and where are you going?” “A movie.” “Perfect, sitting in a dark room close to each other, you can practically smell the blood in the veins.” “Right that was what I was going for.” “Have a goodnight my daughter and so proud.” “Bye.” Don’t be too proud, your little girl just lied through her teeth to you. She can never find out.
I went to the door and opened the door as he was about to knock. “How did yo—oh right, vampire.” “Yeah so let’s go before my parents come and ask you a hundred questions.” “Right because it isn’t like their daughter is going on a date or anything.” “Rig—a date?” “Well that would be what we are going on.” “Well I guess so but only a fake date, because you got us into this mess.” “Me, you’re the one who came to my house.” “Well, I…” “Ha I got you there.” “Shut up… so what movie are we seeing?” “You will see.” “Ugh I really don’t like surprises.” “It will be fine. So shall we play a game?” “What kind of game?” “Well it is more me asking you questions and then you say truth or myth. What do you say?” “Oh I don’t know about this.” “Oh come on, you can ask me a question when we are done.” “Fine but don’t you know everything because of that chick at your house?” “Well mostly.” “Ok.”
“Ok now garlic bothers you.” “Myth I actually like garlic on my pizza.” “Ok, hmmm. Ok I got another one. You turn into bats.” “Myth again, we can control bats but we can’t transform.” “Werewolves are real.” “Fact and they are so horrible. They never do as you tell them to.” “Oh really, so do you know any?” “Yes one. He is good friend but our families hate each other so.” “I see. Well that is all I got for now.” “Ok now I have only one. Why do you want to be turned?”

1 comment:

Checkmark said...

A dragon! That's crazy! You're really adding other monsters into this story, that's cool.