Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ch 10

Chapter 10
I walked up the hill to his street. I looked to the end and saw a house cover with ivy and shadowed by trees. The house itself was made with black brick and had a gothic feel to it. How could someone like Amy live in this house? I walked up to the gate and pushed pass it. As I approached the door I saw a figure move in the window. I walked up to the door as I was about to knock a force pushed me back. I landed flat on back and I saw the door open and Amy standing there.
“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Veronica.” “It is ok it was an accident.” She helped me up, “If you don’t mind me asking, um why you are here?” “Well I uh…” well let’s see I am here to suck your brother’s blood. Hmm that isn’t really the thing to say and I don’t want to tell her about the club. “You see it is a funny story…” “She is here to see me.” William stood behind her. “Yeah that is it.” “Ok but why? And wait how do you guys know each other? You guys aren’t secretly seeing each other.” I turned bright red, why would I even—“Yes we are sorry for not telling you sis.” What! I looked at him and he looked so serious. “Wait for how long?” “Oh just a little while, sorry we didn’t know how to tell you Amy.” I looked at her and she started to smile at me, this is getting creepy. “This is great! We can see each other all the time!” “Yeah!” great… “Well sorry but I got to get going to practice.” “Practice, oh you mean cheerleading?” “Yeah of course, you know you should have tried out.” “Ha sure maybe some other time.” “Well bye!” she ran to her car and drove off.
“So come in girlfriend.” I turned around to see him gesturing me in. “Yeah uh why did you say that?” “Well I figured I would be seeing you around here often and so I came up with that story this morning. Would you rather me say, oh she is here to suck my blood and we met at a club last night.” “No, but you couldn’t come with any better than that?” “Well no.” “Fine what ever. So you going to move so I can come in?” “Oh right sorry.” He stepped inside and I followed behind him. The house was a lot brighter on the inside than it was on the outside. “So this is my home, a little brighter than I would like, but Amy had to do something to cope with the ‘dark depressing’ exterior as she says.” “So I take it you don’t share her bubbly personality.” “Ha no, no I don’t.” Now that I look at him he doesn’t really come off that way. He was wearing a long dark blue sleeve shirt and black pants. He wore a leather arm band. “I guess you don’t really seem like that.” “And what do I seem like?” “I don’t from what I gather from all the empty canvases you’re an artist, are you not?” “Yes, a starving artist at that, the club is on of my jobs I am a busboy but last night was my day off.” “I see.” “And what about you, Miss Veronica?” “What do you mean? Oh a job? At the moment I am currently unemployed.” “That’s not what I meant. I meant are you some bubbly vampire?” “Are you kidding me? No way. I don’t mean to be mean but I can’t stand people like your sister.” “Yeah I figured as much.” “I guess I am really just ordinary. I don’t really have a style, I mean I like dark colors that is about it.” “From what I know you are far from ordinary.” “Yeah I know being a vampire and all right?” “Well you’re not even an ordinary vampire now are you?
“And what is that suppose to mean?” “Well just look at you. You have silver hair, your tan, and you’re still not a full vampire.” “How—” “Look at don’t mean to be a know it all but I think there is something about you that seems a bit off. I know I know ‘how dare you speak to a vampire that way’ but I am just speaking the truth and please don’t run off like you did last night.” “What is this? A lover’s quarrel?”
I looked up at the stairs and there was a woman who looked like she could be his kid sister standing there.” “No Victoria we are just discussing how she isn’t an ordinary vampire.” “William!” “Don’t worry she is the vampire that has been living since I was seventeen.” “What?” “Yes, let me introduce myself I am Victoria Smith I am kind of his adoptive sister.” “Wait Victoria Smith?” “Yes that is me.” “You’re the girl who turned down my brother last night.” “What? Oh that tall vampire? With the bad pick up lines?” “Ha yeah that is Zachery.” “So what happened to him afterwards?” “He acted really mature and got drunk and ran out in front of my car.” “Oh wow, was he ok?” “Yeah he does this anytime a girl turns him down.” “Ok?” “Yeah I don’t know either. So anyways back to the fact that you’re a vampire and you’re living with humans.” “Right well you see, William’s parents took me in before they died and he promised me if I told everything there was to know about vampires then he wouldn’t send me out to the streets.” “I see. So how does he know who I am?” “I told him a story…” “The story of Marcellus?” “Yes, and he found you on his own.” I turned to William who leaning against the wall, “So you think just because I am related to that half-breed that I could be like him? Look none of his children were half-breeds so I can’t do any to help you.” He stood straight up and walked towards me, “Have you ever tried?” “No, but I don’t want to suck your blood and disappoint you.” He placed his hands on my shoulders, “I want you to try. Even if it doesn’t work, I will be ok.” “Ok maybe, but not now.” “When do you want to do this then?” “After graduation, if you still feel the same way about this then we will try it after my graduation.” “Well that is how many months away?” “Five because I have extra credits.” “Ok I will wait five months then. I am telling you now that I will not change my mind.” “Fine.”

1 comment:

Checkmark said...

Wow, lots of new stuff happening here.