Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chapter 9
“I know what you are. You can’t hide from me!” a hand reached over and grabbed my shoulder. “Get away from me!” “You should give it a try my dear, you will love it.” Another hand reached for me. “Get away from me!” “Only you can change me!” a figure stepped towards me, “No I can’t!”
“Leave me alone!” I shot straight up and looked around, “Only a dream. Ugh what time is it?” I looked over to my alarm clock. 6.45 am oh there is no way I can go back to sleep now. I got up and got dressed and went down stairs. “You know,” I jumped and nearly fell off the last step of the stairs, “you really should be asleep dear sister.” I looked around to see Zachary standing around the corner. “Shouldn’t you be asleep?” “You know the best thing about being a vampire dear little sister? No hangover.” “Right, I keep forgetting. So are you going out again?” “No not yet, I heard you yelling in your sleep and I was going to see what was going on.” “Oh. Well I am fine now thanks.” “So where are you going dressed like that anyways?” “Dress like what?” “Well one you haven’t worn that since Henry died.” I looked down seeing him holding my necklace. It was a locket with our family crest on it, and inside used to be a picture of Henry. “Well you were right, he is dead and I don’t need to hang on the past.” “I see, and the rest of your attire makes me think your going to look for that boy from yesterday.” “Maybe I am, maybe I am not.” “Look just be careful, he knows about you already and I am not sure if that is a good thing.” “You’re the one who said to last night.” “You remember I was drunk right?” “Yes, but you usually give good advice when you are.” “What ever, just be careful.” “I will don’t worry.”
I went into the kitchen and make myself some toast. Am I really going to go looking for this guy? I guess it couldn’t hurt. But the whole he knows who I am or I guess what I am, is really bothering me. I guess it could have advantages but look at what happened with Henry. I guess I just can’t let anyone know. “Ok, I am going to do it.” I turned towards the door and saw Zachary holding the door open gesturing me out. “On your way young lady, and please do be careful. After all you are my favorite.” “Ha since when have I been the favorite?” “Well think of it like this, Olivia is a crabby old hag,” “She is younger than you, you old fart.” “As I was saying, then there is Angel. Angel is so far advance than all of us that it is scary. Then there is you.” “Yeah, and what about me?” “You are so completely different from any vampire any of us have come across. You can do so much and yet you hate your very existence and want to be like everyone else. So what if your not a ‘normal’ vampire, you have special abilities that full vampires don’t even have.” “I don’t care, I want to be normal. I am a vampire who is hardly a vampire it isn’t fair. Not to mention mother and father look at me like I am broken. I don’t even want to know how grandmother would look at me.” “So what, you are who you are and I don’t see why you can’t see how special you are.” “I am sorry but I don’t see it. Look I am just going to go and find this guy and become normal.” “Fine have your way then.” I walked out the door.

1 comment:

Checkmark said...

Uh oh, that seems risky!

Good job, this one set things pretty well.