Monday, March 1, 2010

Chapter 6
“So where do you want to go?” I looked at him, “I don’t know. I just want to get away from here.” “You mean from that guy.” “Yes. I mean no.” “Well what is it? Yes or no?” “Oh I don’t know… I mean he is nice and all, but I only just met him. He is treating me like some princess and also like a child.” “Well maybe he was just trying to be nice.” “Maybe, but it doesn’t help that he is my friend’s brother…” “And what is wrong with friends’ brothers.” “Nothing, I guess.” “You should no my sister is in your class.” “What? How do you know that?” “Well when you said your name was Veronica I figured you must be my kid sister Amy’s friend.” “Well I wouldn’t call us friends.” “Ha yeah I figured just as much. So where do you want to do it then?” “What! What do you mean by ‘it’ you don’t mean ‘it’ it do you???” “What? No of course not.” “Then what is the ‘it’ you’re talking about?” “Well I guess I should start with I know you’re a vampire.” “What! Um what on earth could you be talking about.” “Come on you very well do,” He moved closer to me. “you can smell it right, my blood?” “Mhmm… Uh no I don’t know what you’re talking about.” “Yeah, yeah sure you don’t.” “Look even if I was, how on earth would you know?” “Easy your scent?” “My scent? How would you be able to tell the difference?” “Well back when I was like seventeen a vampire came to live with us, not like we knew she was one when we let her into our house. Well as time went on, I found out her secret and in return for not sending out she taught me everything about vampires. And I know all about your family. Miss Veronica Joanna Price.” “What are you talking about?” “I know you can change me?” “Um no I can’t, no ordinary vampire can.” “Well you don’t seem very ordinary to me.” “How dare you talk to me you worthless human!” I turned and walked away.
I turned the corner and bumped into Jacqueline with the red head she was hanging with earlier. “Mmm that was good, oh hey Veronica. You may go.” She said as she walked away from him. “So what happened? Did you suck his blood?” I looked at her “No.” “Why not?” “He knew too much and look I got to go.” “No tell me what is going on.” “Look you wouldn’t understand.” “Try me.” “Well he knew I was a vampire and I just I don’t know, like I said you won’t understand.” “So why do you have so little faith in your friends? It isn’t like I would betray you Veronica.” “I know that Jacqueline, I mean after all you are a vampire as well. But don’t you know of my family? Why no other vampires ever come close to us?” “No. Why would no one want to be near you guys?” “You have heard of Tre Old? “Tre Old? Oh you mean ‘The Old Three’? Why wouldn’t I know who they are they are like our kings er and a queen haha.” “Well we have so history with them.” “History, like what kind of history?” “Well have you heard of ‘The Fallen One’?” “Well yes but not much really.” “Well ‘The Fallen One’ is my great times five grandfather.” “What!” “Well I guess I should tell the story then, the story of Marcellus Lombardi. Well you know the Tre Old, Alexander, Marcus, and Francesca, how they are the original three and how only they can turn humans into vampires.” “Yes, Alexander was the first to do so.” “You are correct; he turned a woman named Bella Lombardi into a vampire so that she could live forever with him.” “Yeah it was so romantic! But didn’t she like disappear or something?” “Yes she ‘disappeared’ for twenty years and then was found with a young man named Marcellus who turned out to be her son. Everyone was so excited thinking he was Alexander’s son, but they soon found out he was the son of a human. Bella was put to death for having a son with a human, they saw it as unholy. They soon found out something very special about this man, up until then only Tre Old could turn humans into vampires, but this man this half-breed could do so as well. He had turned his wife into a vampire. No one quite knows how he did so but he did it, there were rumors going around that he could only do it to someone he loved and loved him back.” “Wow.” “Yeah, he went on to have children and none of them ever turned out to be half-breeds and to this day he was the only half-breed ever to exist. After what happened being married to a human was banded unless given special permission buy Tre Old.”
“Wow I had no idea, so what if due to genetics someone turned out to be a half-breed?” “Nothing thankfully, only those who marry or have sex with humans are at risk for punishment if they give birth to a half-breed.” “That is so harsh.” “Yeah but that is life for us. You know that story I told you about Henry.” “Yeah the one about the wild animal attack?” “Yeah…it wasn’t a wild animal, it was Alexander.” “What?” “Well Henry knew I about what I am, and offered his blood to me so I could fully transform, but Alexander found out and got to him before we could do it.” “Wow he really has it out for you guys.” “You have no idea.” “So is Marcellus still alive?” “No one knows. Most people do not think so, since he was a half-breed anyways. I think he could still be out there hiding. I would be hiding to if I was known through out the clan as ‘The Fallen One’.” “So then why did your mom marry your dad then if he is a descendant?” “They loved each other before they knew about each others family. I can’t say I see my grandfather often.” “Because of Marcellus?” “That and her dad is Alexander…”
“What?” “Well did you hear he took another bride like two hundred some years ago?” “Well yeah but I had no idea your mom would be his daughter. Wouldn’t she have been warned about him?” “Yeah but our last name is price from when my grandma got married.” “Oh, so how come I haven’t met your grandfather then?” “I don’t really know, I guess they split before my dad was born.” “Wow, well I am just telling you this now, no mater what happens I will always be your friend Veronica.” “Ha thanks Jacqueline.” “Sure let’s get going, alleys give me the creeps.” “Ha this coming from a vampire, anyways I need to find your brother.” “Why?” “He owes me some money.”

1 comment:

Checkmark said...

Wow, lots of back story there! Interesting.